Digital Literacy Curriculum
Digital literacy is an important course to learn as it provides individuals with the skills necessary to navigate the digital world effectively, communicate efficiently, and improve personal and professional productivity. It enhances employability, communication, personal productivity, education, and personal development.
This course is designed to help students develop basic digital literacy skills necessary for effective communication, problem-solving, and productivity in a technology-driven world. Through a combination of theoretical instruction and hands-on practice, students will learn about computer hardware, software, networks, internet safety and security, communication tools, file management, and digital citizenship.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology of digital technology
Navigate and operate computer hardware and software
- Use common productivity tools, such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Manage files and folders on a computer
- Use communication tools such as email, video conferencing, and messaging apps
- Understand the importance of internet safety and security, and practice safe online behaviours
- Understand digital citizenship and ethical use of technology
- Week 1: Introduction to Digital Literacy and Computer Basics
- Week 2: Operating Systems and Software
- Week 3: Internet Basics and Searching the Web
- Week 4: Email Communication and Etiquette
- Week 5: Productivity Tools for Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Week 6: Productivity Tools for Presentation Software
- Week 7: Managing Files and Folders on a Computer
- Week 8: Internet Safety and Security
- Week 9: Communication Tools for Video Conferencing and Messaging Apps
- Week 10: Digital Citizenship and Ethics
- Access to a computer with internet access
- Willingness to participate in hands-on practice and group activities
- Completion of assignments and participation in class discussions
Assessment for this course will be based on the following:
- Completion of assignments (40%)
- Participation in hands-on practice and group activities (30%)
- Participation in class discussions (20%)
- Final project (10%)
Chat with us to get started.
A tech career with instinctHub
Ready to kickstart your tech career or enhance your existing knowledge? Contact us today for a dedicated instructor experience that will accelerate your learning and empower you to excel in the world of technology.
Our expert instructors are here to guide you every step of the way and help you achieve your goals. Don't miss out on this opportunity to unlock your full potential. Get in touch with us now and embark on an exciting journey towards a successful tech career.