Paying Attention to Details
Attention to detail is a talent where one shows repeated ability to achieve thoroughness, accuracy and consistency whilst using keen observation and concentration when accomplishing a task. “The devil is in the details” is an idiom used when; referring to the importance and difficulty of getting the details correct. These mastered skills require the sharpest concentration and most detailed-oriented professionals. What you can do is implement important reminders about proofreading and quality control. If a person is unable to grasp the importance of paying attention to detail and has not mastered that skill they likely never will. It’s a matter of self- discipline. The importance of this talent can make or break any project and should never be taken lightly.
‘’Fastidious attention to detail makes the difference between an OK service and first-class service.’’ -Ben Elliot
There are many ways to help sharpen your attention skills into the best you can ever imagine, however, eight (8) ways by which you can achieve that are highlighted below:
- SHARPEN YOUR POWERS OF OBSERVATION: It is not easy to not pay attention to the happenings in the world. We move our eyes when we walk and avoid eye contact at the supermarket. For most people, they pay less attention to their everyday environment, which leads to failure in developing consciousness of what goes on around. Studying people, situations and events is one way by which we could be able to observe the things around us and pay detailed attention; the more attention paid, the more often new ideas come up which help in expanding how we view the world. The brain does not take everything we see into details except what we intentionally pay attention to and focus on; every other thing gets filtered. Whether you are starting a new job, venture or anything else, you need to retrain your yourself to pay attention to what’s important at the moment.
- INCREASE YOUR ATTENTION SPAN: If you would like to increase your attention span and focus for more than half your day , there are eight east ways to do that:
- Stay Hydrated
- Ask Questions
- Listen to Music
- Drink Tea
- Take notes by Hand
- Chew Gum
- PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU ARE CONFUSED
- INCREASE YOUR BRAIN POWER: Increase the strength of your focus gradually, create a distraction to-do-list, build your willpower, meditate, practice mindfulness throughout the day, memorise important things. Brain training games have received a lot of press in recent years, the game games creators claim that spending just a few minutes a day playing can improve your attention, memory and mental agility .
- BE MORE MENTALLY AWARE OF EVERYTHING YO DO
- LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
- LEARN HOW TO COMPARTMENTALIZE
- INCREASE YOUR BRAIN PROCESSING SPEED